Ready to join ImpacTech?
Looking for a real sense of purpose in your work? Have you got what it takes to be a true #Impactivator? Do you have what it takes to lead the development charge in Business Intelligence? Do you want to be part of the Big Data drive changing the way companies do business?
If you answered yes, we’d like to tell you more about ourselves and this position.
We are IMPACT TECH LTD. We believe that great things happen when great people come together. That’s how we create the cool tech that’s supercharging the businesses that use them. We’ve created a working environment that provides everything you need to perform at the highest level and we are looking for a Back-End Developer to join our growing team in Limassol.
We’ve assembled a team of the best Big Data experts and developers and given them a mission to change the way the world does business by providing cutting-edge tools that deliver real results. Our focus is on creating a common set of scalable, data-centric solutions. We are looking for someone to join this effort.
What you will do
- Continuous integration and continuous development of our core products
- Develop and maintain chat microservices using Scala / Akka technological stack
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Deliver the best experience to end customers by using the best development practices
- Participate in code review and team meetings
- Follow emerging technologies
What we offer
- Challenging and engaging tasks
- Professional growth opportunities
- Flexible work and leave schedules
- A competitive salary with an incentive program that rewards and recognises outstanding performance
- Opportunity to work in an open and collaborative environment
- Team bonding events
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Scala
- Knowledge of Akka toolkit
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Manage hosting environment, including database administration and scaling application to support load changes
- Understand differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimise output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Passionate about functional programming
- Team worker, lifelong learner
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of XMPP protocol
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Intermediate or higher level of English
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum development
To apply, please upload your CV.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence